The smell of freshly baked cake that you just took out of the oven. Can you imagine? But not just any cake, a fresh Stroopwafel cake. Decorated with caramel and popcorn, a festive cake! So, get the baking ware from the cupboard, preheat the oven and get to work with this simple recipe. You’ll love it!
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees. Grease a cake tin with butter and line it with baking paper.
- Mix the sugar, vanilla sugar and butter until the sugar is completely absorbed in the butter. Add the eggs one by one. Now add the self-rising flour until you have a light and airy mixture.
- Cut the stroopwafels into pieces and mix this with 1 tablespoon of flour. Add this to the cake batter together with the caramel and the popcorn. Mix it all together with the spatula and pour the batter into the cake tin
- Put the cake in the oven for 45 minutes. Use a skewer to check whether the cake is cooked through. The cake is ready when the skewer is clean. Allow the cake to cool down completely on a grid.
- Finally, make the topping. Add 2 tablespoons of caramel to the cream and beat until stiff. Spread the whipped cream on the top of the cake. Cut the Stroopwafels into pieces and use to top the cake together with the caramel and popcorn. And serve!
Times and expectations