Combine sweet with savoury in this delicious pear flatbread. With just four ingredients and a few minutes of kneading, you make supple dough that is the basis for your homemade flatbread. Then top it with a combination of delicious flavours that will make you feel like you’re in the autumn season.
Another 20 minutes in the oven and your pear flatbread will be ready to eat! Will you serve the pear flatbread for lunch, as a snack or over drinks with friends? One thing is for sure, not a crumb will remain.
- Mix all ingredients for the flatbread together in a bowl and knead into a cohesive dough.
- Make six equal balls from the dough and roll out into an oval.
- Heat oil in a pan and briefly fry the flatbreads on both sides so that they do not stick.
- Cut the pears into thin slices and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Heat the butter in a pan and caramelise the pears.
- Finely chop the Stroopwafels and crumble the blue cheese.
- Divide the pear, blue cheese and treacle wafer between the flatbreads.
- Preheat the oven to 356 °F and bake the flatbreads for about 20 minutes until golden brown and cooked.
Times and expectations