Valentinetrifle with Stroopwafels
Are you looking to surprise your lover with a unique Valentines recipe? Than this is Valentinestrifle with Stroopwafels is definately the one you should pick! The trifle is a traditional English dessert which consists of a bowl or glass filled with alternating layers of fruit, cake and cream. This recipe contains 2 parts where you’ll be making your own cake and filling with tangerines and stroopwafels. Be prepared for a recipe filled with love!
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees
- Add the butter, vanilla extract and 1 cup of sugar to a bowl and whisk until well mixed. Next, add the eggs (one by one) and mix again. Add the mix into a greased cake pan and bake the mix to a cake in the oven for 60 to 75 minutes. Let the cake cool (in the spring) afterwards and cut into small parts once cooled.
- Use the cutter to cut-out heart-shaped stroopwafels. Peal the tangerines and split the pealed parts in half. Remove the marrow out of the vanilla pod.
- Whisk the mascarpone with the whipcream, sugar and the marrow from the vannilla.
- Spread the cake parts across the bottom of your trifle bowl. Followed by half of the whipcream mix you've just made, next add the tangerines. Press the heart-schaped stroopwafels against the glass and add the remaining whipcream. Garnish with the remaining heart-shaped stroopwafels and tangerines.
Times and expectations