Warm Stroopwafel Salad Lyonnaise
- Separate lettuce leaves, roughly chop and wash. Fully dry leaves and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add in lardons and render fat fully. Cook until lardons are browning and crispy on the edges. Remove lardons with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Add onion to rendered fat and cook until soft. Whisk in red wine vinegar, stroopwafels, mustard, and lemon juice. Turn off heat and set vinaigrette aside.
- Set 4 cups of water and the white vinegar in a small saucepan and bring to a rolling boil. Crack one egg into a small bowl or mug. Gently drop egg into water and cook for four to five minutes, until whites set. Remove egg with a slotted spoon and set aside. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Add lettuce to warm vinaigrette and toss thoroughly until lettuce wilts slightly.
- Divide salad among four plates and top each with an egg. Sprinkle with chopped nuts and stroopwafels.
Times and expectations