Stroopwafel Layer Cake
OH MY! This delicious layer cake might test your self-control a little during baking. We didn’t pass this impossible test but hey… that’s what makes baking so much fun, right?
This layer cake is not only incredibly delicious, but also a spectacle to behold. Layer by layer, a little magic is created in your kitchen. Delicious layers of cream, caramel and crunchy stroopwafel pieces. With a few whole stroopwafels as the finishing touch to complete the picture. Super nice to make as a birthday cake or as an alternative for a slice of cake with coffee. A party to make and to eat!
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Heat the eggs au-bain-marie with the granulated sugar. Keep whisking until the temperature reaches 50 degrees. Let it cool down by mixing it in another bowl. Sieve in the flour and carefully mix in, so that the mixture remains light and fluffy.
- Grease the springform pan well and pour the mixture into the pan. Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes. Leave to cool and cut into equal parts.
- For the buttercream, beat the butter until it is white. Stir in the icing sugar and the marrow of the vanilla pod.
- Spoon a layer of caramel and butter cream onto a slice of cake, divide the Stroopwafel pieces over it and place another slice of cake on top. Repeat until the 3rd cake layer is on top. Now spread the cake completely with the remaining buttercream and make rustic smudges with the remaining caramel.
- Garnish the bottom (side) of the cake with pieces of Stroopwafels and playfully insert a few whole Stroopwafels on top. Garnish with coarse sea salt.
Times and expectations