- Press out any shapes you like from the large stroopwafels using cookie cutters. Metal cookie cutters work best on stroopwafels. These are available from various shops including those specialising in baking supplies.
- Carefully push a satay stick through the filling of the stroopwafel shapes and stick a mini stroopwafel on the end.
- Use fondant icing or marzipan to make the flowers. Both work well so which you use is a matter of taste. You can use ready-made coloured products or colour them yourself. Different food colourings are available from various shops including those specialising in bakery supplies. Roll out the marzipan or fondant icing on a board or clean worktop. Sprinkle the board or worktop with icing sugar first so that it doesn’t stick.
- Use cookie cutters to press out flowers. These cookie cutters are available in all sorts of pretty shapes. You can create a nice contrasting effect by sticking two different sizes and colours on top of each other.
- Press a sugar pearl into the middle of the flower.
- You can stick the flowers onto the mini caramel waffle on the end using icing.
Times and expectations