Stroopwafel Crusted Filet Mignon
- Remove steaks from refrigerator 30-60 minutes before you plan to cook them.
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
- Mix your rub ingredients together.
- Chop the stroopwafels in a 3×3 grid (9 small pieces each stroopwafel).
- Mix the chopped stroopwafel with the crumbled gorgonzola cheese.
- Season steaks with salt to taste.
- After salting steaks, apply the rub. You likely won’t use it all, just make sure to have a thin even coating all the way around the steaks.
- Get a cast-iron skillet (or other heavy-bottomed pan), and heat it on high.
- Add the vegetable oil and swirl the pan to coat the bottom.
- Cook steaks 2 ½ minutes each side, and then another 30 seconds each edge.
- Move steaks to a sheet tray or other oven safe dish, and top with the cheese-stroopwafel mixture.
- Bake 4-5 minutes in the oven.
- Remove from oven and let rest 7 minutes before serving.
Times and expectations