It is so nice to spend some time with the family during the summer holidays. Going away for a few days, staying up late and having less hectic schedules. Wonderful, isn’t it! Not at all surprising if your children are not exactly thrilled about going back to school. To get them accustomed to the idea, they can join you and bake delicious Stroopwafel cookies the day before. Great for in the lunch box!
That way you have a fun activity to do together, and they will surely be in the mood to prepare the lunch box on Monday morning! It will also work well for you or your partner who will be going back to work.
- 200 g white chocolate drops
- Mix the butter, soft brown sugar and granulated sugar into a smooth mixture. Then add the eggs one at a time. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, cocoa, salt, cornstarch and baking powder Sift this above the butter mixture.
- Chop the Stropwafels into pieces and fold 2/3 of the Stroopwafels into the dough together with the white chocolate.
- Roll dough balls and place them on a baking tray. Make sure that there is enough space between the balls. They will expand in the oven. Push the remaining Stroopwafel pieces into the dough balls. Bake the biscuits for about 15 minutes in the oven. Leave to cool for about 20 minutes on the baking tray.
Times and expectations