Stroopwafel chocolate brownies
Something to celebrate, or do you just love brownies? Try these delicious Stroopwafel chocolate brownies. The pieces of Stroopwafel provide an extra crispy topping for the brownies. This recipe is going to be a real treat!
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C’ (350 degrees F’). Line a 11 x 7 inch brownie baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cut the butter and chocolate into small cubes in a heatproof bowl, sit it over a pan of barely simmering water and allow the chocolate and butter to melt, stirring occasionally. Leave it to cool at room temperature.
- Break the eggs and put them into a bowl. Add the sugar, salt and vanilla-extract to the egg mixture. Mix for 5-minutes with a hand mixer until blended.
- Add the melted chocolate and butter mix to the beaten egg mixture. Mix this carefully with a spatula.
- Sieve (with a mesh strainer) the flour and cocoa powder. Combine this with a spatula into the chocolate/egg mixture, make sure it is all mixed together well.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan. Cut the Stroopwafels into pieces and divide them over the top of the brownie.
- Bake the brownie in the oven for 30-minutes. Leave to cool, and cut into squares.
Times and expectations