Stroopwafel Strawberry Mousse
Daelmans delivers the decadent crunch to this light & fluffy treat. It’s as quick and easy to make, as it is to eat. The tartness of strawberry, and a fluff of whipped cream, will be a dollop of delight, with a Stroopwafel swirled in the mix. FYI: Strawberry Stroopwafel Mousse is a showstopping topping on a mini Stroopwafel. Pass them on a tray at your next soiree!
- Reserve 1 & 1/2 cup of strawberries. Place in small saucepan with sugar, and bring to a simmer. Cook for about 5 minutes over low heat until mixture resemble preserves. Cool & set aside in fridge.
- Soak 1.5 cups Sliced Strawberries in cream overnight in fridge.
- Strain Strawberry Cream through a fine sieve.
- Add sugar & vanilla & whip cream into stiff peaks.
- Fold in cooked & cooled strawberries to make mousse.
- Fold 2 Crushed Stroopwafels into Strawberry Mousse.
- Spoon into serving dishes. Garnish with a strawberry, & a Daelmans Mini-Stroopwafel.
- For a fancy gourmet presentation
- Melt White Chocolate Chips in small pan.
- Use pastry brush to lightly coat inside of silicone molds with melted white chocolate. (Add a dot of red food color as you paint & swirl white chocolate to coat) CHILL.
- When chilled, un-mold white chocolate “bombshell”.
- Spoon or Pipe to fill shell with Strawberry Mousse.
- Place filled white chocolate shell, open side down, atop Daelmans Stroopwafels. Garnish & serve.
Times and expectations