Salted caramel Stroopwafel cheesecake
Craving Stroopwafels and cheesecake? From the ultimate classic, New York cheesecake, now also a Stroopwafel variant. This cheesecake is not only very tasty, but also beautiful to look at. You can make this salted caramel Stroopwafel cheesecake at home with this easy step-by-step recipe. The baked cheesecake has a crispy bottom with a delicious soft filling, which is so creamy it’ll melt in your mouth.
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees. Lightly grease a rounded cake tin or a Ø 22 cm springform and place the baking sheet into the springform.
- Crush the biscuits into the food processor. Melt the butter. Then mix the crumbs with melted butter and 50 grams of sugar. Press this into the bottom. Use the bottom of a spoon to crust tightly into the springform.
- Measure the cream cheese, 100 grams of sugar and vanilla extract into the mixing bowl and mix on low speed until you got a soft mixture. Add the eggs, one at a time. Melt the chocolate au-bain-marie and cut the Stroopwafel in pieces. Add the melted chocolate and the Stroopwafels to the mixture.
- Put the mixture into the springform. Bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes, until the cheesecake becomes puffy around the edges and is still very soft in the centre. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake inside to cool down. Place the cheesecake into the fridge for about 4 hours.
- Loosen the cheesecake from the springform. Mix the liquid caramel with the salt. Add the salted caramel on top of the cheesecake. Cut the mini Stroopwafels in half. Decorate the cheesecake with the mini Stroopwafels.
Times and expectations