Stroopwafels with brioche bread? Yes most definitely! This pineapple brioche contains all the ingredients for a delicious lunch. This sweet, soft, white bread originates from France. With its light, airy texture, a brioche is actually more like a cake, than a bread.
Get the barbecue hot beforehand for best results. Because in this recipe, you grill both the pineapple and the brioche slices which not only makes the flavour delicious, but also makes the brioche slightly crunchy. You finish it off with a delicious mascarpone cream.
- Clean the pineapple, remove the core and cut into thick rings.
- Cut the brioche bread into thick slices.
- Grill the pineapple rings and brioche slices on the barbecue for about 5 minutes.
- Place the pineapple ring on the bread and top with 3 Daelmans mini Stroopwafels. Briefly place the lid on the barbecue and heat the Stroopwafels.
- Mix the mascarpone with icing sugar and vanilla marrow.
- Serve the brioche bread with the mascarpone cream and fresh mint.
Times and expectations