Fluffy Stroopwafel pancakes with apple
Time for pancakes! Besides these Australian pancakes we thought it was about time for another delicious variant, one with apples and pecans. Whether you serve them for breakfast, lunch or as dessert… they are a sure hit! The baking powder makes it a nice fluffy pancake so you can hide a delicious surprise within, a Stroopwafel! Finish it off with baked apples and pecans as topping.
- Separate the eggs. Beat the egg whites with the sugar in a fat-free bowl until stiff.
- Beat the egg yolks together with the flour, buttermilk and baking powder to a smooth batter.
- Carefully fold the beaten egg whites into the batter.
- Heat some butter in a frying pan and spoon some of the batter into the pan. Place a Stroopwafel on top and cover with more batter.
- Bake the pancakes on a low heat until they are cooked, turn them halfway through.
- Cut the apple into cubes and coarsely chop the pecans.
- Heat some butter in a frying pan and fry the apple with the cinnamon and pecans for 4 minutes until the apples are soft.
- Serve the pancakes with the baked apples and pecans.
Times and expectations