Coffee cake with Stroopwafel
That Stroopwafels go well with coffee is clear to us by now. And this delicious coffee cake confirms it once again! Even if you’re not a coffee lover, we still dare to recommend this coffee cake. That’s how excited we are about this recipe, which is why we want to share it with you. So that along with delicious Daelmans Stroopwafels, you can also put a freshly baked cake on the table.
Adds some variety, and makes a nice surprise for your visitors. Because let‘s be honest, homemade baked goods always score points!
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees. Line the cake tin with baking paper.
- Roughly chop the pecans.
- Put the demerara sugar and butter for the cake in a bowl and beat with a mixer until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Sift the self-raising flour over the bowl and mix through the batter with a spatula.
- Add the coffee and pecans and mix together.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake in the oven for 60-70 minutes until done.
- Let the cake cool for 30 minutes in the mould, then remove from the cake tin and leave to cool further on a wire rack.
- Add the butter, fresh cream cheese and coffee to a bowl and beat with a mixer. Add the icing sugar little by little and mix until fluffy.
- Cut the Stroopwafels into pieces. When the cake is completely cooled, spread the coffee cream over it and distribute the Stroopwafel pieces on top.
Times and expectations